Support health care, not war
Support health care, not war
ALRIGHT LISTEN UP!
SERIOUS BUSINESS RIGHT HERE!
CISPA just passed and is going to destroy everything!
Go to SitesNotSpies.org to sign up to join the protest and for further details.
It’s time to get pissed. The U.S. law that would turn Google, Facebook, and Twitter into legally immune government spies just passed the House.
This bill affects everyone — not just U.S. citizens. Anyone with a Facebook account could now have their data shipped directly to the U.S. government. That’s why Internet users overwhelmingly oppose this bill. Over 1.5 million people signed petitions against it. But Congress didn’t listen.
Does this remind you of something? Yep, this is the exact position we were in with SOPA last year. Then the Internet rose up and we made history with the SOPA strike.
This spring, we’re going to organize the largest online privacy protest in history to make sure that CISPA goes the same route as SOPA and doesn’t become the law that breaks the 4th Amendment. Are you in?
CISPA threatens our most basic rights. Privacy is important not just for our security but for our rights to freedom of expression. The giant tech companies that stood with Internet users against SOPA are not going to help us this time (but some of the large sites like Mozilla, Imgur, and Reddit are all against CISPA and we love them).
Share this flyer, and tell everyone you know to sign up to join the protest!
I know how difficult it can be to support your argument for the legalization of cannabis or medical marijuana. It’s easy to say that cannabis cures cancer, but where is the evidence behind it? My goal with this article is to provide as much reference material possible for any arguments or essays that you may be concocting about cannabis - or simply for educational purposes.
- Spain Study Confirms Hemp Oil Cures Cancer
- Federal Government Reports that Marijuana Kills Cancer Cells
- Marijuana Fights Cancer and Helps Manage Side Effects, Researchers Find
- Cannabidiol as potential anticancer drug.
- Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms.
BLADDER / URETHRAL CANCER
- TRPV2 activation induces apoptotic cell death in human T24 bladder cancer cells: a potential therapeutic target for bladder cancer.
- Cannabinoids may be therapeutic in breast cancer.
- Role of cannabinoid and vanilloid receptors in invasion of human breast carcinoma cells.
- Cannabidiol induces programmed cell death in breast cancer cells by coordinating the cross-talk between apoptosis and autophagy.
- The endocannabinoid anandamide inhibits cholangiocarcinoma growth via activation of the noncanonical Wnt signaling pathway
- Opposing actions of endocannabinoids on cholangiocarcinoma growth is via the differential activation of Notch signaling
- The dual effects of delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol on cholangiocarcinoma cells: anti-invasion activity at low concentration and apoptosis induction at high concentration.
- Anandamide exerts its antiproliferative actions on cholangiocarcinoma by activation of the GPR55 receptor.
- Intractable nausea and vomiting due to gastrointestinal mucosal metastases relieved by tetrahydrocannabinol (dronabinol).
- Pharmacological synergism between cannabinoids and paclitaxel in gastric cancer cell lines.
- Antiproliferative mechanism of a cannabinoid agonist by cell cycle arrest in human gastric cancer cells.
- Effect of a synthetic cannabinoid agonist on the proliferation and invasion of gastric cancer cells.
HEAD AND NECK CANCER
- Cannabis use and cancer of the head and neck: Case-control study
- A Population-based Case-Control Study of Marijuana Use and Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and metastasis via intercellular adhesion molecule-1.
- The antimitogenic effect of the cannabinoid receptor agonist WIN55212-2 on human melanoma cells is mediated by the membrane lipid raft.
- Inhibition of basal and ultraviolet B-induced melanogenesis by cannabinoid CB(1) receptors: a keratinocyte-dependent effect.
- The association of N-palmitoylethanolamine with the FAAH inhibitor URB597 impairs melanoma growth through a supra-additive action
- Revisiting CB1 receptor as drug target in human melanoma.
- Cannabinoid receptor 2 is upregulated in melanoma.
- Cannabinoid derivatives induce cell death in pancreatic MIA PaCa-2 cells via a receptor-independent mechanism.
- Cannabinoids in pancreatic cancer: Correlation with survival and pain
Stay regular super stoners~
On April 20th, we begin our UK and European tour with Dead End Path and Whirr! This is our first time at all of these festivals and we’re playing some new countries also. Check out the updated flier with the additions of Hit The Deck Festival and the Great Escape Festival as well as venue change to a fest in Prague.
All dates and ticket info can be found here: http://titlefight.tumblr.com/tour-dates
I feel awful about life today. This never happens but there is some dark shit happening now